Things That Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racism Problems

4 posters

Go down

Racism Problems Empty Racism Problems

Post  Anonymous_Voice Fri May 09, 2008 8:46 pm

What's the deal with racism? I just still can't get over the fact that in the past times, there were discrimination amongst us (despite it being a long time ago). What's the whole point to it, since the Caucasians thought the other races were different and treat them like garbage. And now they have rules and laws about discrimination in the modern world. It would've been better off if they had treat each other as equals before. What are your thoughts about it?
Anonymous_Voice
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Racism Problems Empty Re: Racism Problems

Post  Admin Fri May 09, 2008 11:08 pm

Well, when you look at a rotten apple and a good apple, would you throw out the rotten one? It's all about the way you look at things. Second point is that we do not understand why those people are different colored. So we make up story such as that people turned black because they are worshipers of Satan. Most of the racism is from religion, and that's my view.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skiyk Mon May 12, 2008 6:59 pm

If your body is exposed to a lot of sun (like the Africans) then you need a tougher pigment and tougher skin. The Africans skin is good for dealing with excess sunlight. Anyways, racism is not just something we can get over. It is not just in the past either. We still view blacks as inferior, ourselves (whites) as superior but nobody looks at the science of why they are black. Proper education is needed, definitely.
Skiyk
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post  russell Mon May 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Skiyk wrote:We still view blacks as inferior, ourselves (whites) as superior but nobody looks at the science of why they are black.

Hmm. You almost state it as if being "black" is actually an impediment to being a valuable member of society. On top of that, you made the generalization that all "white" people view "black" people as inferior, which is most certainly untrue.
russell
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Remember that short and simple answers are better than science. If you tried to prove to people using science, you'll get locked up in jail like Galileo.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skiyk Tue May 13, 2008 9:19 pm

I generalized nothing. The simple point is that you don't see blacks making fun of whites now do you?
Skiyk
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Actually they do, you just live in your own bubble world not able to see the outside.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  russell Tue May 13, 2008 10:38 pm

Skiyk wrote:I generalized nothing. The simple point is that you don't see blacks making fun of whites now do you?

I have seen racism go both ways. You have made another generalization.
russell
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post  Skiyk Wed May 14, 2008 7:56 am

I don't know what happens in Canada but in England (especially the areas I lived in) Black people had nothing on white people when it came to status. I'm not generalizing, simply observing. My main point is that racism problems are not just in the past. They are here, now and shall continue well into the future.
Skiyk
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 15, 2008 4:59 pm

Then England's pretty messed-up.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skiyk Thu May 15, 2008 8:06 pm

'Tis the same everywhere. You guys are just in Oakville's bubble if you remember Mr. Butler. I have spent more of my life in England and have seen slightly more. Except maybe Eugene, he has lived in China and China is not doing so well right now.
Skiyk
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post  russell Thu May 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Skiyk wrote:'Tis the same everywhere. You guys are just in Oakville's bubble

I frequently leave Oakville, it doesn't interest me. I have a lot of experience outside. I've only been trapped here for 10 months.
russell
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post  Skiyk Thu May 15, 2008 8:23 pm

Maybe how I phrased my point was not clear. What I am trying to say is that due to past relations between blacks and whites (since that is an easy one to discuss), racism will not stop. Both sides are guilty now (not all on both sides). The whites still feel like they are above the black people and the black people are bitter over actions that occurred many years ago.
Skiyk
Skiyk
Mayor
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum