Canada's Economy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Fri May 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Gas prices are going a lot higher everywhere around the world. Canada is one of the main gasoline producing countries and here we can see the numbers 120 or higher around every gas stations these days. We know that gas has to be conserved since this is the only way for fuel (I know there are others but this is the main source). Until they find another way, we have to conserve it. What do you think?
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Fri May 09, 2008 10:53 pm

I can't believe I have to type this again... So, the gas price raising it's normal since that our gas supply is running empty. There are pro's and con's to this gas price raise, the pro's are that we are going to try to conserve oil. The con's, well, neither we are going to have to spend $500 a month on gas or we are going to have a massive oil war that will probably involve nuke. On CNN, I saw they predicted that our oil price will double in a year so $1.20 today, it will be $2.40 the next year. Because of oil running out they are going to drill for oil at the north and south pole when they can't keep up with the demand. But there is hope, we found a way to generate power which is through helium3. We will probably drive electric cars but keep in mind that most of the power generated are through oil. For helium3 we are probably have to mine on the moon because there is no helium3 on earth so yeah. We wouldn't have to use oil anymore but I hope electric cars will get better when the oil gets to pricey.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  russell on Fri May 09, 2008 11:52 pm

Crude oil prices are not rising due to it running out yet, it is because of a fear of it running out. The rate at which oil deposits are discovered is very low, so now more than ever we have a better picture of how much oil is actually available. Another equally important reason as the the price of petrochemicals increasing dramatically comes from the fact that the US has not build a new refinery in 20 years, and the current ones are at capacity.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 4:15 pm

russell wrote:Crude oil prices are not rising due to it running out yet, it is because of a fear of it running out. The rate at which oil deposits are discovered is very low, so now more than ever we have a better picture of how much oil is actually available. Another equally important reason as the the price of petrochemicals increasing dramatically comes from the fact that the US has not build a new refinery in 20 years, and the current ones are at capacity.

Interesting, but reason that the US have not build any new refinery is because people reject to this. Just like people rejecting build a new Wal-Mart.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  russell on Sat May 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Interesting, but reason that the US have not build any new refinery is because people reject to this. Just like people rejecting build a new Wal-Mart.

I disagree. The real reason that they haven't built any new refineries is that each one costs billions of dollars.
avatar
russell
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 32
Location : Toronto, ON

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Well, that's what I heard on the news.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Still, they have to do something about it. It's getting worse for the people who are forced to drive every day and very often. I do agree that we have to conserve them but we can't leave this problem unsolved.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 7:44 pm

Anonymous_Voice wrote:Still, they have to do something about it. It's getting worse for the people who are forced to drive every day and very often. I do agree that we have to conserve them but we can't leave this problem unsolved.

They don't have to drive, they can take the public transit.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 7:51 pm

It's still a big concern to this world. Most public transportations still require oil. It's still not helping to avoid the use of it.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Anonymous_Voice wrote:It's still a big concern to this world. Most public transportations still require oil. It's still not helping to avoid the use of it.

But it can slow it down.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Despite that being true, the problem still hasn't been solved, unless they solve it somehow while we are trying to cut down the use of oil.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Anonymous_Voice wrote:Despite that being true, the problem still hasn't been solved, unless they solve it somehow while we are trying to cut down the use of oil.

Well, if it's slowed down, we can have more time to find another source of energy.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Well yeah. That's what I had said. It can give them time to find the solution.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Anonymous_Voice wrote:Well yeah. That's what I had said. It can give them time to find the solution.

I wonder, are there still any massive oil deposit left. Not small ones but big ones.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Well, the oil deposits have to be found first. Otherwise we can't really do anything.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Maybe we should just pay the price of oil, I mean, it is not that much.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 8:05 pm

That's something that nobody wants to do. We try to find another way to get around that. If people thought like that right now, it wouldn't be long before we run out of oil.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Well, we can make them do it by force! Twisted Evil

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 9:35 pm

...That's the kind of thought of how past wars were started. Doing it against people's wills is just basically...slavery. Kind of.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Anonymous_Voice wrote:...That's the kind of thought of how past wars were started. Doing it against people's wills is just basically...slavery. Kind of.

Freedom is the real slavery.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Well, there is some truth to that. But not always. Would you rather have some freedom or being enslaved with asking your opinion?
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Anonymous_Voice wrote:Well, there is some truth to that. But not always. Would you rather have some freedom or being enslaved with asking your opinion?

Freedom. I guess. Humans are slave to themselves no matter what.

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: World War III...?

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Exactly. We don't want slavery like during the ages of the founding fathers of the U.S. and Canada.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Admin on Sat May 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Anonymous_Voice wrote:Exactly. We don't want slavery like during the ages of the founding fathers of the U.S. and Canada.

Let's get back to the topic. How about we all be nobody and pay the price?

_________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 137
Join date : 2008-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Oakville, Ontario, Canada

View user profile http://thingsthatmatters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Anonymous_Voice on Sat May 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Well that's the thing. Nobody is willing to pay a lot of money for gas. There will be less and less people who are willing to pay it so the only way for them is to conserve.
avatar
Anonymous_Voice
Mayor
Mayor

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-05-08
Location : A being somewhere in this known universe...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Economy

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum